Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dream of You

There's nothing written in the stars,
I've not experienced the beyond;
there's only this ache in my heart
which will dissipate when I'm gone.


There's only lost thoughts in the air,
random emotions haunting me.
There's only sadness and despair;
I'm swimming in a lonely sea.


I cannot spot that peaceful shore
where we can finally meet and share;
there's only hunger, only war,
no higher justice, nothing fair.


There is no answer to the questions
that keep eating up my brain,
only illusions of perception
just briefly relieving my pain.


I hear a crowd that hopes and prays
while preachers sin their words away;
as our meat rots, our souls decay,
and great creations fall and fade.


I've not seen paradise or hell,
yet I still yearn for something true
but you, my love, are lost as well
and I can only dream of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment